The M.S. in Advanced Data Analytics is a 30-hour degree, consisting of seven core courses (21 hrs) and three electives (9 hrs).
The accelerated delivery provides five course start times per year. Courses can be offered in 8-weeks sessions during the long semester or shorter during the summer session. Some courses will still be offered in a 16-week semester format to facilitate student mastery of instructional content. Students who maintain the accelerated course sequence can complete course work in less than two years.
Core courses (21 hrs)
- INSD 5120 (3 hrs) Introduction to Data Analytics
- INSD 5130 (3 hrs) Data Analytics I
- INSD 5140 (3 hrs) Data Analytics II (req INSD 5130)
- INSD 5150 (3 hrs) Large Data Visualization
- INSD 5160 (3 hrs) Harvesting, Storing and Retrieving Data
- INSD 5170 (3hrs) Discovery and Learning with Big Data
- INSD 5950 (3 hrs) Interdisciplinary Capstone Experience
Electives (9 hrs)
Three elective courses (9 hours) are required after consultation with Dr. Denise Philpot, Clinical Assistant Professor.
In order to be successful in the program, a background class in calculus, applied statistics, business statistics or an equivalent course is required. For additional information, contact email@example.com.
Visit the Registrar's website for more information on course registration dates and payment deadlines.